an amateur attempt at the blog phenomenon and a way to give people an idea of life in whitehorse, yukon, sarah and jole style...

Saturday, April 16, 2005

oh my darling spring

Oh my darling spring......where are you????????

After a week of snow and gray cloud, I am finally seeing blue sky. The new snowfall was quite discouraging for those of us who got very excited with the early warm weather with a balmy average of 8 degrees C. Everyone keeps saying this is the worst winter ever...trust us to move up here for it!

I hope the blue sky today isn't just a tease. Joel has already been riding on the highway and we might go out today. When I ask him where he's going it's quite funny b/c there really is only one road here...the alaskan highway! You have your choice of north or south....

We are still adjusting to the time change here....there is talk of a petition to throw out daylight savings.... Anyway, we are having some trouble with it being light until after 10pm now. We are gaining daylight very quickly.

Joel seems to have found this new energy and is training like mad. The good news is is that he didn't get into Ironman Hawaii. Yeah! The other good news is that I have officially confiscated his mastercard and I am now on the road to saving!

I'm looking forward to the end of the school year...it has been hard getting back into the swing of things after the 2 wk spring break. I will be back in Vancouver for the end of June till the end of July. I look forward to seeing all my old pals down south!

The house hunt is still alive....so is the cat, but I don't know how much longer I can put up with her...By the way Mom and Dad, there's a package in the mail for you!!! HA HA

Hope everyone is well....will update more later. Nelson, I only update if I know people are reading it. The only way I know people are reading it is if they post a comment!

Mirna's 5 day visit over easter was great! We finally had a chance to visit the takhini hotsprings, go dogsledding, go "clubbing" whitehorse style (2 bars, 1 of them country) lots of fancy dinners and Mirna contributed her superior culinary skills to a leg of lamb easter feast. It's too bad she was only here for five days but we think she'll be back soon (she's addicted to country music now).

Bye for now......

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, don't worry about spring too much, it is right around the corner and then there is summer. At some point during it all you will get sick of the light and crave for darkness - especially when trying to sleep (then there are forest fires to worry about) :)

Karen

8:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, Just to let you know (even though i havent yet posted a comment) that its great to be able catch up on your entertaining news/pictures on this website. I will send you a proper email soon!

Shelley (in New Zealand)

6:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sarah and Joel!
This is my first comment for your blog site. I am SO impressed with your technological savvy! Excellent pictures and very entertaining reports.
Keep them coming!

~Jenni

8:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys,
its not much warmer than a balmy 8 degrees in London either. You are not alone Sarah! Love the dog sledding pictures. I have to try this!! My mouth is watering thinking of Mirna's leg of lamb extraordinaire!

Claire

8:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm just a delinquint, pining for the Horse...
Remembering them good 'ol days when I was up North...
Baiting Stella and cookin' leg o' lamb...
It's about time that this song never began...
Shoulda written a comment way longer ago...
I apologize, can you sympathize? My life's been to and fro."
Yup. Missing the Yukon country music stylings, guys. And for anyone who dares to read this comment: GO SEE JOEL AND SARAH UP NORTH! They are two of the most wonderful hosts in the world!
Claire - I promise to cook another leg. I don't know when and I don't know where, but it will be done if you promise to pick the wine. Maybe Sarah and Joel will let us borrow their swanky new home! Ooops. I spoiled all of the following blogs.

signed,
Guess who? *grin*

2:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home